by Charelle of CandyCurl.com
I started August with a fantastic haircut from Tameeka of Jaded Tresses. When I saw the special deals in August for haircuts on Facebook, I knew I had to take advantage of it quickly! Since my haircut, my wash n gos look so much better! In fact, I’ve been only wearing my hair in wash n gos now because it’s the easiest, most time effective style for me.
I also gave myself some highlights in August. I really wanted some color, so I bought some lightener and highlighted the very front of my hair. I feel so much better about my hair now that it is even and has some shape. I lost about 2-3 in of hair all around, so I’m back to APL. But, I know that my hair will grow so much better now and I will retain more length now that I’ve gotten rid of my heat damaged ends! My modified regimen now is:
- Deep condition before I wash with AO GPB Conditioner and olive oil (leave it in for a few hours).
- Wash with AO Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo.
- Apply KCKT leave in directly after washing (wash the rest of my body).
- Get out of the shower and finger detangle in about 6 sections.
- Apply KCCC and let my hair air dry.
I wear my hair out for about 3 days, and put it up for the rest of the week. I’m so glad I now have a reliable routine!
Health & Fitness
I’ve been keeping up with working out and trying to eat healthy (for the most part). Since June, I’ve lost about 8 pounds. I’d be happy if I could lose about 7 more and tone up.
Want to read Charelle’s other GOC-The Sequel posts? Find them here: