Okay, so I messed up. You see, at the end of April, Faye here contacted me about missing the GOC deadline, but asked to be an At-Home Player. I told her that was fine and eventually, she posted a link to her initial submission on the GOC page, instead of sending me an e-mail. I saw it, but then forgot about it!!! You see, I work from my e-mail and flag GOC updates. Since I was working from there, I forgot about the one in the comments on the post! So, when Faye e-mailed me her May update earlier this month, I was like, “OH SHOOT!!” LOL!! Sorry Faye!!
Anywho, that being said, you are getting a double-header from Faye today – her initial submission and her May Update! This is part one ;)!
by Faye of That NY Poet Girl
Okay, so I missed the deadline for entry into the GOC with Hairscapades, BUT I am going to go it alone and “Play At Home.” LOL!
Name: Its me! Faye – That NY Poet Girl
- I am now at APL and want to be at BSL at the end of the challenge.
- I am transitioning and not planning on BC’ing any time soon.
- I want to learn and incorporate more protective styling along with my new staples of Bantu Knot Outs and Braid and Curl outs a la my Pinterest Hair Styles page.
WEIGHT LOSS/FITNESS Goals:
- I was 165 and am now 153. My ultimate weight goal is 145. BUT, I am planning on doing some strength training. So, I am going to start measuring my waist and arms, because I am looking for a sculpted look more than a weight loss at this time.
- I have already lost 12 of the 20 lbs that I want to lose before my birthday in August, which means I have 8 lbs to go! YAY!
- I would be happy if I am at 150, but with a 28 inch waist and 2 inches off of each arm circumference.
- My current natural waist is: 31.5 inches and my midsection/waistband is (or rather the FAT PART! LOL) is 34 inches (DAMN! I didn’t know it was that daggone fluffy in that part of my body). GOAL: 28 for Natural waist and 31 for Mid-section.
- My current arm circumference is: 12 inches. GOAL: 10 inches
- Is wanting your face to be less FAT a weight-loss goal? IJS … smh
NO PICS OF THE FATNESS – I know … I know … I am just not gon’ be able to do it!
- Wash and DC every 10 days using:
- Suave’s Almond and Cocoa Butter Shampoo and Jane Carter’s Moisturizing Shampoo (Alternating).
- DC using my own mix of mayo, egg and olive oil, mixed with Suave’s Almond and cocoa butter conditioner.
- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration for detangling in the shower.
- Giovanni’s Direct Leave-in and Kinky Curly Knot Today (Alternating).
- Shea Moisture Hair Milk, Smoothie and IC Gel for styling, along with some Enlightenment Hair Butter (by Karmic Earth Naturals) for my Bantu knot out.
- I will seal with pure, unrefined coconut oil and pre-poo with it as well.
I realize that both of the shampoos have sulfates … Jane Carter is a good brand all around, so I will see what happens and the Suave shampoo and conditioner was $6.70 for two HUMONGOUS 40 OZ bottles! I couldn’t say no … lol.
- I am going to do 30 minutes of circuit/strength training daily in the morning using inspiration from my Work Out Regimen board on Pinterest as well as incorporate my Gazelle Glider 3 times per week.
- I am going to weigh-in once a week.
- I am going to eat before 8 PM, on days I go to bed at 10 PM, and before 9 PM, on days I go to bed at 11 PM.
- My diet is usually clean. No soda, alcohol etc. But, I have a carb/candy/cake addiction, which is contributing to my high sugar count, as well as the extra weight I am carrying, and is one of the main reasons I have to work out and lose this weight.
- OTC Prenatal Vitamin – Whole Foods
- MSM – Trader Joe’s
- Daily shot of ACV with honey and lemon to curb carb cravings.
- Green tea: One cup daily with honey.
- Assorted raw nuts, raisins and cranberries – TJ’s has a 10 pack for $4.99 of just the right size for a snack!
- Fruit (assorted)
- Juicing MORE. I haven’t been and need to either do that or make smoothies more often.
- Shoes (3 pairs):
- Animal print flats
- Flowered print wedges
- Bright platform sandals
- Two suits for work!
- Pant suit
- Skirt Suit