by Etoile of The Curvealicious Chronicles
Loving that it is summer and I am back to my summer WnG routine using the Tightly Curly Method! I went to see my hair affair aka the Curl Whisperer aka Ms. Tameeka of Jaded Tresses last month for a cut and color. She did a modest trim and my longest length now reaches BSL! I have retained about 5″+ of length in 10 months!
My Summer Hair Care Regimen and HG Products are:
- Pre-Poo overnight with olive oil or jojoba oil.
- Spritz my hair with water and saturate hair with deep conditioner. I am currently using Blended Beauty Herbal Reconditioner. Then steam my hair for 20 minutes.
- 1x weekly, shampoo hair with Blended Beauty Soy Cream Shampoo. 1 or 2x weekly (depending on my work out schedule), co-wash with Aussie Moist or HEHH.
- Wet my hair under the shower stream and finger detangle with either HEHH or Aussie Moist.
- Apply Blended Beauty Curl Styling Butter using the ‘Rake’ method that Tameeka taught me. I then let my curls air dry until 90% dry, then bend over at the waist massing the roots to give me volume and shake my head from side to side.
Note: The Blended Beauty Curl Styling Butter is my new ‘ish OMYGAWWWW, it smells delish, leaves my curls touchably soft and gives me hold for days and days! At night, I pineapple and sleep on a satin pillowcase. In the morning, I allow the mist from the shower to dampen my hair, apply a dab of the Curl Styling Butter to the length, scrunch my curls and that’s it! I love that I can use one product to condition and hold. The curl styling butter gives me shine AND moisture. New HG! The key ingredients: Aloe and chamomile water, shea butter, rice bran oil.
Health & Fitness
Ummmm we WON’T even go there. I am pretty sure that Oreo Cookies are not on the diet plan …
I just got back on my work-out grind last week with boot camp and Belly Dance class … we will leave it at that!
Missed Etoile’s original GOC-The Sequel post or just want a refresher? Then, check out her first post here!