It’s dry twist-out day on Hairscapades ;)! LOL!! Here’s Tiffany with her most recent dry TnC results!
Well, on Saturday, I hennaed. I used apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, green tea and Herbal Essences Hydralicious conditioner. I only applied to the roots. Well, about 20 minutes into the process, my head was on Fiyah! (Yeah that’s how I spell it.) I remember my friend telling me that her head heated up too when she used henna one time in the past (of course I don’t remember the brand). I left it in for about 2 hours and then I couldn’t take it anymore, so I washed it out.
I conditioned and deep conditioned. My hair looked normal, but it itched, hmmmm … IDK. I did a wash and go with a diffuser. It was cute, but too wild for work.
So, I decided to do twists. I saw this video on YouTube using just Cantu Leave-in as a styling crème. I’m like, “HEY! I have some of that,” which I had only used on my daughters Wash and Gos. SO here we go!
This is 3 part video process and I loved her results!
Part 1: Twist Out Prep (Summer Routine)
Part 2: Twist-Out Results w/Cantu
Part 3: Twist-Out Maintenance (Night Routine)
I did the basic two strand twist set up: Part the hair into sections (approx. 15 twist), coated each twist in Cantu Leave-in and Taliah Waajid African Healing Oyl (my cousin gave it to me; she said it did nothing for her locks), rolled the ends with perm rods, bobby pinned the roots and air-dried.
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
- Made with real shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil in your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine.
- Can be used on wet hair as an intensive moisturizing treatment or to tame frizz and fly-aways.
- Helps moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients soften, detangle and add shine to hair protect hair against heat and sun styling damage provide extra protection from split ends and breakage
Directions for Use:
- Daily Styling – Apply to towel dried hair. Work a generous amount of product into hair beginning at the roots to the tips. Comb through for even distribution. Do not rinse. Apply more to longer hair at the ends or problem areas.
- Leave In Treatment – Apply as directed for “Daily Styling” just after shampooing. Re-apply and cover with a plastic cap overnight for maximum absorption and intensive conditioning.
- Frizz Free Hair – Apply daily to split ends or damaged areas. Comb through and let dry naturally.
Taliah Waajid African Healing Oyl
- A multi-use product that can be used on both the hair and body.
Directions for Use:
- Hot Oil Treatment – After shampooing the hair using the Total Body Black Earth Shampoo, towel dry the hair. Section off the hair and apply the African Healing Oyl to the hair and scalp. Cover with a plastic cap and sit under a dryer for 15 minutes on medium heat. Rinse and condition the hair use the Enhancing Herbal Conditioner.
- Skin – After showering or bathing, apply to body and feet to eliminate dry skin. Can also be used as a moisturizer for hands and cuticles; simply rub into the skin anytime dryness occurs.
My twists were not that plump and I really didn’t have much shrinkage. I went to sleep hoping that it would look right, because I had to be to work at 6:30 am and didn’t have time to rebound if I looked like Kizzy in the morning.
Well, to my surprise … WE HAVE A WINNER!! I used no product, just untwisted, separated and fluffed. Shine and defined! In one pic, you can see that my front is my problem area; I have waves and not curls. I have to work this section a little harder and I also have this bob look going on where my back is shorter than my front.
Love the results 🙂 but umm yeah your head was on fire because of that cayenne pepper LOL
Cayenne pepper and lemon juice, yeah. Well thank God you washed it out, because you probably would have ended up with scalp sores. Your hair came out great. 101LadyT is one of my favorite YTubber.
I second that, the cayenne pepper and lemon mix was the culprit. As soon as read those to ingredients I said ‘whoa’…lol. Your hair turned out beautifully! How long did it last? Did you find maintenance any diff then when you do a wet TnC? You’ve inspired me-thanks for sharing
I love your hair curly!!! I remember seeing you at the Orange meet-up with straight hair but I think curly suits you better!!!!!
Your hair looks wonderful!!! Great results!!!
Yeah @ Michele IDK what I was thinking about the straight hair lol. thanks Im getting better at my hair .And it helps when I find products that work. I was going for a deeper reddish look but I dont have grey hair , but I figured if I added the cyanne (which I saw on some blog a time ago) I figured the dye would release better . Well boy was I wrong.