From April to May 6th, I washed my hair twice with diluted castile soap, mixed with Vo5 conditioner. I deep conditioned my hair with Mizani Moisturefusion conditioner yesterday, May 6th. I styled my hair several times with flexi rods. I first used the green ones, then I bought the blue and yellow (smaller size) and I like the way my curls come out. I also bought the Organic Root Stimulator Smooth-n-Hold pudding to use with the flexi rods.
- I use virgin coconut oil frequently in my hair, anytime I feel like it. I am having problems with single strand knots. I have quite some.
- I ordered henna a month ago and I am still waiting for the shipment. I want to stop using hair dye and use henna instead. I dyed my hair on April 21st, however my white hair start showing in the roots (new growth) from 1 week after.
- I am planning to buy a good wig when I travel to the US (June or July) to protect my hair from the elements. I don’t like the idea of wearing wigs, but this is what I decided to do. ETA: I just bought a wig in Curacao last week, May 22nd, but hesitating to wear it).
- At times, my hair feels very dry to the touch, especially my ends. I will simply cover my hair with a plastic cap and over it a satin bonnet. I stay like that in the house and sometimes sleep with it on. When I take It off, my hair feels soft again.
- I also like to use flexirods. Love the results when I allow the hair to dry completely. Doesn’t happen often, because I dont use a dryer.
My hair measurements:
- Front: 4 1/2″
- Right side: 4 3/8″
- Left side: 5 1/8″
- Above right ear: 5 1/8″
- Above left ear: 5 3/8″
- Top of head: 5 2/8″
- Nape area: 5 2/8″
I need help with my ends. How to keep them soft. I don’t like the way they feel when my hair is dry. Any help?
Check out TerrificLady’s first GOC post here!
TL, what are you using to seal? Coconut oil? If so, have you tried a different oil to dry seal? I found that I couldn’t seal with coconut oil as it made my hair dry and crunchy.
Wear the wig, if even to just put it on around the house. You might one day venture outside with it on.
Also, I will add that its okay to spritz the ends of your hair nightly and reseal…castor oil is really good. Whitney of naptural85 thought me that lesaon. She said, if I have to spritz my hair twice a day (which she does), I’m okay with that because it means I don’t have chronically dry ends while I figure out “the” magic formula that keeps it moisturised for a week. Hth.
Co-signing w/Shelli. Coconut oil gives me the crunchies. Just sampled Doris NY Olive Oil. On the one hand, my ends are happy. However, my naturally “over-soft” hair is even softer (eg. cotton head)!
Shelli, how did you fare with the DNYOO?
Hey Rhonda! I like the DNYOO and it does make my hair soft, but not overly so. And, I only use a little, because a little goes a long way. I have only used it to remoisturize dry hair, haven’t used it for a TnC set on wet/damp hair (at least, I don’t remember using it for that! LOL!!). How are you using it?
I received a sample set and only use it to remoisturize dry hair. I agree…a teeny-tiny bit will do ya! Have you tried the leave-in? I am still looking for the right combo to “harden up” my situation. The leave-in contains some protein and I’ve definitely noticed that my hair is not nearly as “soft” as when I use other leave-ins such as Kimmey-tube, Giovonni, etc.
Pingback: May GOC Update: TerrificLady (#6) « hairscapades
Pingback: June GOC Update: TerrificLady (#6) « hairscapades
Pingback: July-August GOC Update: TerrificLady (#6) « hairscapades
Pingback: Final GOC Update: TerrificLady (#6) « hairscapades