From April to May 6th, I washed my hair twice with diluted castile soap, mixed with Vo5 conditioner. I deep conditioned my hair with Mizani Moisturefusion conditioner yesterday, May 6th. I styled my hair several times with flexi rods. I first used the green ones, then I bought the blue and yellow (smaller size) and I like the way my curls come out. I also bought the Organic Root Stimulator Smooth-n-Hold pudding to use with the flexi rods.
- I use virgin coconut oil frequently in my hair, anytime I feel like it. I am having problems with single strand knots. I have quite some.
- I ordered henna a month ago and I am still waiting for the shipment. I want to stop using hair dye and use henna instead. I dyed my hair on April 21st, however my white hair start showing in the roots (new growth) from 1 week after.
- I am planning to buy a good wig when I travel to the US (June or July) to protect my hair from the elements. I don’t like the idea of wearing wigs, but this is what I decided to do. ETA: I just bought a wig in Curacao last week, May 22nd, but hesitating to wear it).
- At times, my hair feels very dry to the touch, especially my ends. I will simply cover my hair with a plastic cap and over it a satin bonnet. I stay like that in the house and sometimes sleep with it on. When I take It off, my hair feels soft again.
- I also like to use flexirods. Love the results when I allow the hair to dry completely. Doesn’t happen often, because I dont use a dryer.
My hair measurements:
- Front: 4 1/2″
- Right side: 4 3/8″
- Left side: 5 1/8″
- Above right ear: 5 1/8″
- Above left ear: 5 3/8″
- Top of head: 5 2/8″
- Nape area: 5 2/8″
I need help with my ends. How to keep them soft. I don’t like the way they feel when my hair is dry. Any help?
Check out TerrificLady’s first GOC post here!