From April to May 6th, I washed my hair twice with diluted castile soap, mixed with Vo5 conditioner. I deep conditioned my hair with Mizani Moisturefusion conditioner yesterday, May 6th. I styled my hair several times with flexi rods. I first used the green ones, then I bought the blue and yellow (smaller size) and I like the way my curls come out. I also bought the Organic Root Stimulator Smooth-n-Hold pudding to use with the flexi rods.
- I use virgin coconut oil frequently in my hair, anytime I feel like it. I am having problems with single strand knots. I have quite some.
- I ordered henna a month ago and I am still waiting for the shipment. I want to stop using hair dye and use henna instead. I dyed my hair on April 21st, however my white hair start showing in the roots (new growth) from 1 week after.
- I am planning to buy a good wig when I travel to the US (June or July) to protect my hair from the elements. I don’t like the idea of wearing wigs, but this is what I decided to do. ETA: I just bought a wig in Curacao last week, May 22nd, but hesitating to wear it).
- At times, my hair feels very dry to the touch, especially my ends. I will simply cover my hair with a plastic cap and over it a satin bonnet. I stay like that in the house and sometimes sleep with it on. When I take It off, my hair feels soft again.
- I also like to use flexirods. Love the results when I allow the hair to dry completely. Doesn’t happen often, because I dont use a dryer.
My hair measurements:
- Front: 4 1/2″
- Right side: 4 3/8″
- Left side: 5 1/8″
- Above right ear: 5 1/8″
- Above left ear: 5 3/8″
- Top of head: 5 2/8″
- Nape area: 5 2/8″
I need help with my ends. How to keep them soft. I don’t like the way they feel when my hair is dry. Any help?
Check out TerrificLady’s first GOC post here!
Things have been a little nuts lately. I graduated from Georgetown Law on May 20, finished my last student trial on May 24 and am in the process of moving to Nashville. I start my job there on June 4. I think it’s just now hitting me. I’ve tried a few new things, but ultimately returned to using Keracare (I think my previous debacle was due to user error). The pic above is my Curlformers set for graduation (using Keracare setting lotion) before sweat and humidity caused it to exponentially explode. And here are some more pics.
A dry twist-out with Camille Rose Moisture Butter.
Pictures from graduation.
See CJ’s initial post for GOC-The Sequel here.
Hey ladies! April has been a crazy month for me. So … let’s get started with my update (drum roll) …
My hair regimen is going well. I’ve been using Dr. Bronner’s Tea Tree or Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Moisturizing shampoo to wash my hair. I also began to apply (then massage) Parnevu T Tree Oil to my scalp before washing (idea came from Taren Guy on Youtube). It helps with my itchy scalp, although I am interested in finding something else. I still condition with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration or Totally Twisted and Shea Moisture Deep Treatment. If I use Carol’s Daughter shampoo, I will use Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner (I really love how Tea Tree feels on my scalp). The leave-in conditioner that I’ve been using is Kinky Curly. I’ve been styling my hair in a braid out with curl rods at the end. I’ve also tried doing braids tied up in bantu knots … it came out great. I use Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love and Heavenly Jojoba Oil for styling. They leaves my hair feeling soft and not dry.
I also experimented with my first blow out … lol. I just blew my hair out with a blow-dryer (not straight) to do a chunky braid out using Karen’s Body Beautiful Ambrose Leave-in Conditioner and Butter Love. I used a very low heat, the fan setting and grapeseed oil as a heat protectant.
I’ve pretty much just been using those products. I sometimes, at night, put a shea butter mix in my hair before I do my braids. I plan to purchase Hair Rules from Target (yay) soon … interested in seeing how it works for my hair. I am now looking for a DevaChan Salon in the DMV area to get my hair trimmed.
Health & Fitness
I kept to my diet as far as eating, I just didn’t have time to go to the gym as much. I am still on a low carb diet. I still plan to workout 4-5 days a week. During this time, I have been able to maintain my weight. Other than that … this is it on my fitness. I hope to be able to give you all more next time :).
Check out Mennia’s first GOC post here if you missed it!
I have been adhering to the Hair Rules Regimen-Kinky; however, I did not straighten my hair for the third week. I just continued to do the wash-n-gos. I feel I have gotten a good grasp of the routine and my wash-n-gos have improved. I find that, by day two and three, I am really loving how my hair looks.
On his website and at his salon, they suggest that you re-wet/co-wash your hair every 2-3 days to keep it moisturized and to keep dry hair at bay. Now that we are hitting month two, it is time to deep condition, which I did using the Silk Elements MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise that I got from Sally’s. I washed my hair and then sat under the hair dryer for an hour with the Silk Elements MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise.
I colored my hair using Clairol Beautiful Collection Advanced Gray Solution Semi-Permanent Color in Midnight Black for the back and Burgundy Brown for the front. I have decided to wait to straighten my hair until the third week in June. I will be getting my hair done for a work function.
Health & Fitness
I feel that my workout regimen is on point. I have lost a total of 17 lbs so far. Almost to my half-way point of my goal of 40 lbs. YAY ME!!
Before: Bust 41.25″; Arm 15″; Waist 41″; Hips 54.5″; Thigh 32″
After: Bust 38″; Arm 15″; Waist 37.25″; Hips 52″; Thigh 30″
LOSS: Bust 3.25″; Arm 0″; Waist 3.75″; Hips 2.5″; Thigh 2″
From my measurements, you can tell that all my junk is in the trunk!! LOL!!!
- I am still doing 3 days of 60 minute personal training.
- Day one consists of kickboxing
- Day two consists of body sculpting
- Day three consists of a form of Samurai sword play called Forza, that my trainer changed up a little to add “more rhythm.” From the minute I begin the workout until the end of the workout I am sweating!!
- I alternate 2-3 days of Zumba and Billy Blanks.
- I am still following a low-carb diet.
Want to see LeShor’s first post with her goals and planned regimens? Check it out here!