by Marsha of Hairology aka 24hourhair
How do you know you are over your obsessions and PJisms?
Ever since becoming natural, I have been obsessing over my hair, YouTube videos, natural hair blogs and new hair products. Of late, I can honestly say that I spend less time stalking YT videos about natural hair, different hair blogs/sites, obsessing over different styles to try on my hair and natural hair care products.
On my day off, I usually spend countless hours stalking YT videos, and hair care blogs. I’m trying to read more, in order to stay away from being obsessed. I recently started reading a raved fave by readers, Fifty Shades of Grey.
I haven’t been tempted to try any new hair products and I’ve been sticking to what I think my hair loves. My all time love is KCKT mixed with castor oil, for that cure for my dry hair, and a great styler for curlformers and twists sets.
It has been a month since starting the GOC with Hairscapades and it has been going great.
- I have been deep conditioning weekly.
- Weekly wash sessions with Terressential hair mud wash.
- Monthly clarifying with apple cider vinegar and distilled water.
- I have been doing more overnight weekly pre-poo treatments. Last nights prepoo was a little mayonnaise, honey and Vatika coconut oil. I think I was a little heavy-handed with the oil. I rinsed with cool water and Giovanni conditioner. My hair is incredibly soft.
- I set my hair with curlformers after washing, which lasts me 6-7 days. I add a light oil (grapeseed) mid-week/style (currently under dryer with curlformers).
- If I have no time to do curlformers set, I blow my hair out (until its 60-70% dry) doing the tension method, avoiding excessive heat. Then, I use a little KCKT with a little castor oil to set two strand twists, with flexirods to curl the ends.
- I have not used a comb in more than 4 weeks now. My fingers do a terrific job detangling.
- I only wash my hair in twists.
- I avoid re-twisting or setting my hair until the next wash day.
So, I plan on continuing with the listed regimen above to see if I’m able to gain or maintain a healthier growth. We shall see …
Check out Marsha’s GOC – The Sequel update here.