Since contacting you about my interest, I have cut my hair … massively! I had a lot of damage from dye and I’m really not a transitioner, so I just cut it off.
- I currently wash my hair once a week with Terressentials Mud Wash and then follow that with a 50/50 ACV and H2O rinse.
- I then moisturize with Shea Moisture’s Curl Enhancing Smoothie and follow that with Kinky Curly’s Curling Custard.
- I sleep on a satin pillow at night (my bonnet will not stay on).
- I re-wet my hair in the morning. I make sure that I do not handle my hair at all while it is wet.
- I maintain my WnG like this for about 5 days.
This is the most simple routine that I think that I’ve ever had and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I know that sounds crazy but, I feel like I should be doing more with my hair.
In about 2 weeks, I’m going to install some yarn wraps. I’m really not sure what they are called but, they are not yarn braids/genie locs. These actually involve the yarn being wrapped around the hair resulting in a finished look that resembles locs.
Talk to you soon.
Missed StayWoo’s GOC entry post? Then check it out here.
I love it!!! I’m also doing the GOC & want a cut. I said I’ll wait until the end of the challenge, but you’re giving me the motivation to just do it. Thanks for sharing.
I love your hair. I cut mine too and I do the very least too and it feels good and my hair is thriving so I say KISS
You have GREAT hair. Looks cute.
That hair cut is awesome!
I love the cut! Went back and read your original post and this style really brings out your features. As soon as I saw this post, I thought about Clarke from ‘Mo Better Blues’, http://www.imdb.com/media/rm301892864/nm0930326
Pingback: May/June GOC Update: StayWoo (#1) « hairscapades