Name: Kristen aka “Krissy”
I am currently living abroad in China.
My situation is quite peculiar. I am currently transitioning and have approximately 2″ or so of new growth. Including my relaxed ends, I am at APL. I don’t want to cut my relaxed ends (BC) until I have a reasonable amount of new growth. I will probably BC when I have at least BSL of new growth. But, with my prom in a few more years, I don’t know if I have enough courage to BC and it is probable that I will endure a slow and painful transition. *lol*
My goal is to have waist length natural hair (without having to stretch it out, if you understand) SOMEDAY. However since this challenge is for 6 months, I would like to aim for shoulder length natural hair. If I don’t reach my goal, I’ll probably end up buying a LHCF membership and starting my own challenge (last resort). I also want to grow out my nape hair.
Health & Fitness
- Current Weight : 110 lb.
- Goal Weight: 105 lb.
I have decided to change my reggie to a less complex one.
- The only products I’ll be using are knead oil and 100% petroleum jelly on my hair for detangling before braiding and EVOO,Syoss Moisture Intensive Care Pro-Cellium Keratin Essence Mist and that Dr.Miracle Stimulating Moisturizing Gro Oil (it comes in an applicator bottle) on my scalp during my braids.
- I won’t need to pre-poo, because I washed my hair long ago on vacay in Beijing with Herbal Essences “Smooth & Sleek” shampoo and L’Oreal Intensive Care and it was AMAZING. The lather was great (this is the wash I was telling you about that transformed my henna wreck) and so cheap!
- Due to the sudden realization that I am going back home in 4 WEEKS and soon to be a junior In high school, I decided to just braid my hair immediatly for the remnant of my time and I am just going to buy the hair and a moisturizer and go product crazy in America. *lol*
- Drink my rose tea every 4 hours. I bought it in Beijing during my tour ride after a tea ceremony demonstration. In the back was a traditional tea shop. I will make a post and show pics of the tea leaves and thermo that I bought and the size of it.
- Take One Source Advanced Teen Multi, Natrol Omega 3-6-9 Complex, Trader Joe’s Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin E, NAC Protein, Vitamin C and Vibrant Health: Green Vibrance Shake mixed with ground flaxseed and sesame seed powder.
- Pre-Braids: Search and Destroy splits individually in nape hair (I got the time baby!), then Spritz and apply EVOO.
- Braids: Spritz water or Syoss Moisture Intensive Care Pro-Cellium Keratin Essence Mist on cornrows and rub scalp for ultimate absorption. Then, apply Dr.Miracle Stimulating Moisturizing Gro Oil mixed with a little EVOO and castor, rose and 100% organic lavender oil and sesame oil. Make sure to do this daily
Health & Fitness
- Go to hot yoga every Thursday.
- Take belly dancing on Friday.
- Do free-style exercise on machinery with my membership after classes.
- Also, start eating more light protein.
- No longer being a victim of my childhood insecurities caused by bullying, commercials and television shows depicting normality and healthy hair as long, silky, shiny and bone straight, ehich I obviously couldn’t achieve because relaxers provide a minimum amount of length retention. Or, in better words, freeing myself from being a mental slave.
- Ridding myself of the self-hatred, abnormality, inferiority and torment I felt as a young child when I had to get my hair permed to look and feel “beautiful,” but other people didn’t, because their hair naturally fell like that. I was oblivious to what I now find to be naturally thick GORGEOUS curls, so going back to the old Kristen and being closer to the REAL me.
- I’m curious to know what it feels like to have more then just a reminiscence of my hair
- Getting back at my stepmother for perming my long natural hair at FOUR, without consulting my mother, and sending me back with burned and broken off hair (literally, like a centimeter was left!) compared to my waist length afro! *LOL* My mom was LIVID. After that, I just kept getting relaxers … until now!!!
Follow me online: http://public.fotki.com/JamaicanMane/