Goals: Hair – Current length is just above APL stretched and it shrinks up to above my ears when curly. My goal is thicker and BSL straightened, grazing SL when curly, hair that is easy to manage and style; Health & Fitness – Lose 10-15 lbs and get back to the toned, energetic, track girl body I used to have!
Curly Girl Method
- Mon, Wed, Fri: Co-wash w/Tresemme Naturals;
- Leave-In is DevaCurl One;
- Seal with castor oil;
- Apply gel of the day and put in pony or bun.
- Tues, Thurs, Sat: Massage MTG into my scalp.
- Every evening (except 1): Moisturize hair with H20/Lavender mist and seal with jojoba oil.
- Every Sunday: Henna with DC (may have to modify depending on how my hair reacts);
- 2x/wk DC: 1x on Sunday after Henna and 1 time during the week.
- Supplements/Vitamins: Take Viviscal and my remaining misc vitamins.
Health & Fitness
- Workout 5-6 days/wk (Crossfit)
- Drink 8-12 cups of water per day
- Eat 5-7 small Paleo meals throughout the day with one cheat (non-paleo) meal per week
- Get adequate sleep (at least 7 hours per night) and;
- Strive to live stress free by implementing stress relieving habits into my life, including meditation.
Reward: When I reach my goal in September for my hair/body, I plan on straightening my hair and going on vacation to an island destination with my hubby!
Documenting: I plan on keeping a written diary so that I may track my progress throughout my 6-month journey. I AM SO EXCITED!!!