Name: Elen (La Diosa Poderosa)
Goals: Hair – My hair has been natural for 11 years as of this May. My current length is armpit length. My goal is bra strap length. My hair is color-treated and I also blow dry and flat iron once a week, so I have to be very, very careful about how I maintain my hair. Health & Fitness – I currently weigh 135 pounds. My goal is to weigh 120 pounds and be at 17% body fat by June 13th.
- Weekly (every Sunday) shampoo with Pantene Relaxed & Natural or John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Next is Neutrogena Hair Mask and detangling with a wide-toothed comb, followed by another Neutrogena Deep Conditioner and a rinse.
- Then, I apply John Frieda Hair Serum and Chi Heat Protectant spray to all of my hair before blow drying with a brush and flat ironing.
- I then take a light oil (Olive Hair Oil) and gently massage it into my scalp, which tends to be dry, and lightly apply the remainder to my hair, which gives it a light sheen.
- Finally, I wrap with a silk scarf to protect my hair. I have not been as diligent as necessary with this final step, which I suspect will allow me to better retain hair growth. I think putting my hair in more protective styles and giving the heat a break would also be beneficial.
- I also use the Aphogee Protein Treatment once every 2 months. I’m planning to make another trip to the hair salon in early June, before my birthday, for another color treatment.
- Additionally, I have my ends trimmed every 2-3 months.
Health & Fitness
- Low carb, high protein.
- 5 days of 60 minute cardio
- 4 days of strength training
- 2 days of yoga/pilates.
Skin Care (New)
- Inspired by this challenge: http://radiant-brown-beauty.com/day-1-planning-rewarding-yourself/
Rewards: Shopping trip, new bikini and a short vacation.
Documenting: Photographs. Wellness blog. Videos.
Elen do you have a blog? Do you wear your hair in its natural state?
Yes, I do have a blog. http://www.loveruneatbreathebliss.tumblr.com. And yes, I do wear it in its naturally wavy state on occasion. I’m hoping that participating in the GOC will inspire to experiment with more protective natural styles. 😀
Elen glad you are all board!!!!!
Thanks, Miche’al. Are you participating as well?
I don’t think this time around. I was horrible with handing in my post. If Shelli was the professor I would have failed miserably. LOL!
I forgot to mention that I also take hair & nail vitamins on a daily basis!