First, I would like to say that I absolutely love your blog! You are such an inspiration!!! I am so excited to be a part of this GOC. This is my first time participating , so bear with me. I am 30 years old and from Muskegon, MI. I am the mother of five (my oldest daughter is in the pic with me), I go to school full time for my Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, work full time, full time wife, and full time ministry, so this will definitely be a challenge for me. But it will be worth it!!
Goals: Hair – My hair is thick and coily, maybe 4b in the front and sides and 4c in the back. My hair stretches down to armpit length in the back, chin-length in the front, and shoulder length on the sides. My hair goals are to maintain healthy hair and retain length.; Health & Fitness – Currently I am only 117 pounds … I know, I know … but can’t a girl just want to be healthy? I try and try and to no avail. I never gain weight, only when I’m pregnant (not happening! lol!).
- Pre-poo with Suave conditioner, olive oil, Vatika Coconut oil, castor oil and honey.
- Wash my hair with Shea Moisture every two weeks or;
- Co-wash with Suave coconut conditioner, brown sugar (for exfoliation) and Organic apple cider vinegar (ACV).
- Deep Condition with Aubrey Organic HSR.
- Use Kimmay Tube Leave-in.
- Moisturize with either Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Oyin Whipped Pudding (I luv this stuff) or Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter and;
- Seal with oil mix (olive oil, rosemary EO, castor oil and Vatika oil) every other day or as needed.
- Henna once a month.
- Do a Hibiscus Tea Rinse once a month.
- Do a Protein Treatment with Aubrey Organics Protein Rinse once a month.
- I will utilize mini twists for my protective styling 95% of the time, rewarding myself with a twist out every two weeks.
Health & Fitness
I plan to finally utilize my YMCA Membership.
- I will work out at least four times a week.
- I will drink plenty of water.
- I will continue to take my vitamins (i.e. Multi, iron, biotin, vitamin C and fish oil).
- I will incorporate some Green Vibrance (thanks Shelli!)!
- I will continue to eat fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains and turkey meat, chicken and fish instead of Hamburger … well, after tonight at least. lol!
Rewards: I will reward myself in October for my 2 year natural anniversary by getting my hair straightened. This will be a first and worth it! I am going to try and do a hair blog (fingers crossed). But, I will still document my GOC as the months go along. In the meantime, you can find me on facebook!