First, I would like to say that I absolutely love your blog! You are such an inspiration!!! I am so excited to be a part of this GOC. This is my first time participating , so bear with me. I am 30 years old and from Muskegon, MI. I am the mother of five (my oldest daughter is in the pic with me), I go to school full time for my Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, work full time, full time wife, and full time ministry, so this will definitely be a challenge for me. But it will be worth it!!
Goals: Hair – My hair is thick and coily, maybe 4b in the front and sides and 4c in the back. My hair stretches down to armpit length in the back, chin-length in the front, and shoulder length on the sides. My hair goals are to maintain healthy hair and retain length.; Health & Fitness – Currently I am only 117 pounds … I know, I know … but can’t a girl just want to be healthy? I try and try and to no avail. I never gain weight, only when I’m pregnant (not happening! lol!).
- Pre-poo with Suave conditioner, olive oil, Vatika Coconut oil, castor oil and honey.
- Wash my hair with Shea Moisture every two weeks or;
- Co-wash with Suave coconut conditioner, brown sugar (for exfoliation) and Organic apple cider vinegar (ACV).
- Deep Condition with Aubrey Organic HSR.
- Use Kimmay Tube Leave-in.
- Moisturize with either Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Oyin Whipped Pudding (I luv this stuff) or Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter and;
- Seal with oil mix (olive oil, rosemary EO, castor oil and Vatika oil) every other day or as needed.
- Henna once a month.
- Do a Hibiscus Tea Rinse once a month.
- Do a Protein Treatment with Aubrey Organics Protein Rinse once a month.
- I will utilize mini twists for my protective styling 95% of the time, rewarding myself with a twist out every two weeks.
Health & Fitness
I plan to finally utilize my YMCA Membership.
- I will work out at least four times a week.
- I will drink plenty of water.
- I will continue to take my vitamins (i.e. Multi, iron, biotin, vitamin C and fish oil).
- I will incorporate some Green Vibrance (thanks Shelli!)!
- I will continue to eat fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains and turkey meat, chicken and fish instead of Hamburger … well, after tonight at least. lol!
Rewards: I will reward myself in October for my 2 year natural anniversary by getting my hair straightened. This will be a first and worth it! I am going to try and do a hair blog (fingers crossed). But, I will still document my GOC as the months go along. In the meantime, you can find me on facebook!
Ain’t shrinkage something! Good luck Akia!
Thank you curlychellz!!!!
Oh…and yes shrinkage is something else…….I like to call her my arch enemy! lol!
I love the stle in the last picture!
Thank you! All I did was pin up those “after u wash your hair Twist” and added a flower.
This is my homegirl! Lol. I am SO happy you entered, Akia!!! Your hair is so long, healthy, and beautiful :o) I have no doubt you’ll reach your goals!
PS – you should definitely start a blog!
Trea bee!!!! Thank you so much!!! I am so excited about this challenge. You couldn’t tell with all of that doggone shrinkage! And I agree, i finally figured out a name, so the blog is in the works!! Thanks for you support friend!!
You are a SUPER WOMAN!!!! Good luck in your challenge.
Awwwwww! Thanks Leslie, I am gonna need it! : )
Ur hair regimen is the bomb!!!! Keep going hard baby, u make me proud.
This was the Hubs under my name…not me yall. lol!
YaY for naturalistas w/big hair and little booties!!! I didn’t join the challenge, but I’m 105 lbs@ 32 yrs old and 5’4″. I’m working hard to increase my protein intake and usually don’t eat red meat often, but have been eating more to get my weight up. I always eat breakfast, but now I eat stuff like an egg w/2 egg whites (scrambled) w/spinach and/or smoked salmon. I’ll have an Ensure weight gain drink or a glass of Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster. Unfortunately, gaining weight is often as difficult for small women as losing weight is for others. Good luck on growing your hair and your hind parts!!
I totally agree with you..thanks for the encouragement Stacey.
I love your hind parts baby.
Babe…please add comments under your sign in..not mine. People are going to think i am loony. lol!
You know, I was so lost when I read this! LOL!! Thanks for clarifying!! LOL!!
Right Shelli! I knew you would be. lol! I promise I am not a loon.LOL! If you look at the third blogger who liked the post, you will see my husband and me. Same Hollister shirt only short hair….Any who, That’s why I told him to like the post and comment under his sign on..not mine…got me looking crazy! Lol!
Hey Kia…. I LOVE your page… so nice!! Just keep up the good work with exercising and healthy eating… I know you’ll be at your goal in no time. Its amazing already how far you’ve come. I love your pics too. Love ya!!
Pingback: April GOC Update: Akia (#42) « hairscapades
Pingback: May-June GOC Update: Akia (#42) « hairscapades