Goals: Hair – Current length is just above APL stretched and it shrinks up to above my ears when curly. My goal is thicker and BSL straightened, grazing SL when curly, hair that is easy to manage and style; Health & Fitness – Lose 10-15 lbs and get back to the toned, energetic, track girl body I used to have!
Curly Girl Method
- Mon, Wed, Fri: Co-wash w/Tresemme Naturals;
- Leave-In is DevaCurl One;
- Seal with castor oil;
- Apply gel of the day and put in pony or bun.
- Tues, Thurs, Sat: Massage MTG into my scalp.
- Every evening (except 1): Moisturize hair with H20/Lavender mist and seal with jojoba oil.
- Every Sunday: Henna with DC (may have to modify depending on how my hair reacts);
- 2x/wk DC: 1x on Sunday after Henna and 1 time during the week.
- Supplements/Vitamins: Take Viviscal and my remaining misc vitamins.
Health & Fitness
- Workout 5-6 days/wk (Crossfit)
- Drink 8-12 cups of water per day
- Eat 5-7 small Paleo meals throughout the day with one cheat (non-paleo) meal per week
- Get adequate sleep (at least 7 hours per night) and;
- Strive to live stress free by implementing stress relieving habits into my life, including meditation.
Reward: When I reach my goal in September for my hair/body, I plan on straightening my hair and going on vacation to an island destination with my hubby!
Documenting: I plan on keeping a written diary so that I may track my progress throughout my 6-month journey. I AM SO EXCITED!!!
Name: Elen (La Diosa Poderosa)
Goals: Hair – My hair has been natural for 11 years as of this May. My current length is armpit length. My goal is bra strap length. My hair is color-treated and I also blow dry and flat iron once a week, so I have to be very, very careful about how I maintain my hair. Health & Fitness – I currently weigh 135 pounds. My goal is to weigh 120 pounds and be at 17% body fat by June 13th.
- Weekly (every Sunday) shampoo with Pantene Relaxed & Natural or John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Next is Neutrogena Hair Mask and detangling with a wide-toothed comb, followed by another Neutrogena Deep Conditioner and a rinse.
- Then, I apply John Frieda Hair Serum and Chi Heat Protectant spray to all of my hair before blow drying with a brush and flat ironing.
- I then take a light oil (Olive Hair Oil) and gently massage it into my scalp, which tends to be dry, and lightly apply the remainder to my hair, which gives it a light sheen.
- Finally, I wrap with a silk scarf to protect my hair. I have not been as diligent as necessary with this final step, which I suspect will allow me to better retain hair growth. I think putting my hair in more protective styles and giving the heat a break would also be beneficial.
- I also use the Aphogee Protein Treatment once every 2 months. I’m planning to make another trip to the hair salon in early June, before my birthday, for another color treatment.
- Additionally, I have my ends trimmed every 2-3 months.
Health & Fitness
- Low carb, high protein.
- 5 days of 60 minute cardio
- 4 days of strength training
- 2 days of yoga/pilates.
Skin Care (New)
Rewards: Shopping trip, new bikini and a short vacation.
Documenting: Photographs. Wellness blog. Videos.
Name: Le Shor
Goals: Hair – I just had 3-4 inches cut at the Hair Rules Salon. My current length is about an inch from armpit. My goal length is brastrap.; Health & Fitness – My current weight is 247 lbs. My goal weight loss in three months is 40 lbs.
My current hair regimen includes the Hair Rules line:
- Shampoo: Daily Cleansing Cream
- Conditioner: Quench Ultra Rich conditioner (every 2-3 days co-wash with same)
- Styling: Curly Whip
- Finishing: Hydrating Finishing Cream
- The first two weeks, I am going to do wash and go’s
- 3rd week, follow hair regimen listed above; but, for styling, use Blow Out Your Waves and finish with the hydrating finishing cream.
- Wear hair straight for 1 week, protective style the following week.
I am following the regimen Anthony Dickey has listed on the Hair Rules website.
Health & Fitness
My workout regimen involves:
- 3 days of 60 minute personal training.
- 5 days of 20-minute HIIT cardio.
- I am will be following a low carb diet.
Reward: Treat myself to a Mac Cosmetics splurge!
Follow me online: www.alifeuncomplicated.com
First, I would like to say that I absolutely love your blog! You are such an inspiration!!! I am so excited to be a part of this GOC. This is my first time participating , so bear with me. I am 30 years old and from Muskegon, MI. I am the mother of five (my oldest daughter is in the pic with me), I go to school full time for my Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, work full time, full time wife, and full time ministry, so this will definitely be a challenge for me. But it will be worth it!!
Goals: Hair – My hair is thick and coily, maybe 4b in the front and sides and 4c in the back. My hair stretches down to armpit length in the back, chin-length in the front, and shoulder length on the sides. My hair goals are to maintain healthy hair and retain length.; Health & Fitness – Currently I am only 117 pounds … I know, I know … but can’t a girl just want to be healthy? I try and try and to no avail. I never gain weight, only when I’m pregnant (not happening! lol!).
- Pre-poo with Suave conditioner, olive oil, Vatika Coconut oil, castor oil and honey.
- Wash my hair with Shea Moisture every two weeks or;
- Co-wash with Suave coconut conditioner, brown sugar (for exfoliation) and Organic apple cider vinegar (ACV).
- Deep Condition with Aubrey Organic HSR.
- Use Kimmay Tube Leave-in.
- Moisturize with either Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Oyin Whipped Pudding (I luv this stuff) or Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter and;
- Seal with oil mix (olive oil, rosemary EO, castor oil and Vatika oil) every other day or as needed.
- Henna once a month.
- Do a Hibiscus Tea Rinse once a month.
- Do a Protein Treatment with Aubrey Organics Protein Rinse once a month.
- I will utilize mini twists for my protective styling 95% of the time, rewarding myself with a twist out every two weeks.
Health & Fitness
I plan to finally utilize my YMCA Membership.
- I will work out at least four times a week.
- I will drink plenty of water.
- I will continue to take my vitamins (i.e. Multi, iron, biotin, vitamin C and fish oil).
- I will incorporate some Green Vibrance (thanks Shelli!)!
- I will continue to eat fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains and turkey meat, chicken and fish instead of Hamburger … well, after tonight at least. lol!
Rewards: I will reward myself in October for my 2 year natural anniversary by getting my hair straightened. This will be a first and worth it! I am going to try and do a hair blog (fingers crossed). But, I will still document my GOC as the months go along. In the meantime, you can find me on facebook!
Name: Christabel aka ChysCurlz.
I am so excited to be a part of this as I followed every single post on the last one. Thanks Shelli for all your hard work :).
I don’t really have hair length goals, but I do have hair goals as follows:
- Maintain a regimen that involves all natural products.
- Continue to make hair care be hassle-free and satisfying (i.e. keep wearing WnGs mostly).
- Handle my hair gently when detangling.
- Retain as much as length as I ought to (based on averages, I would say .5 inch a month, but I’m not sure what that translates to in a shrunken WnG).
Health & Fitness
My current weight is 169lbs and I’m looking to loose 1 lb a week.
- Co-wash my hair with Tressemme Naturals 1x/wk.
- Wet my hair in the morning (or every other morning) and apply leave-in conditioner (AO White Camilla Rose Conditioner).
- Wash my hair with Terressentials hair was 2x/month.
- DC with any conditioner with EVOO 1x/wk when I cowash.
Health & Fitness
- Run 3x/wk (20 or so miles/wk).
- Do a 12-30 minute High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) 6 days a week.
- Stick as much as possible to my daily calorie range (1200-1500).
- Juice most mornings (kale, cucumber, celery, ginger, apples, lemon).
- Absolutely no fast foods
Reward: I really want a HR monitor, so this will be a good reward if I achieve my first month weight loss goals.
Get myself an iPad at the end of the 6 months, if I’m able to get down to 155 pounds, which is a healthy BMI of 25 for my height.
Follow me online: I already keep a blog, so I will be chronicling my journey throughout the GOC. It’s www.chyscurlz.blogspot.com.