Goals: Hair – Currently, my hair is just shy of armpit length at 9 inches in the back and 10 inches elsewhere. My hair goal is to retain 3 inches of length by the end of the challenge or bra-strap length. I’m going for length, because I want my hair to be much larger and more versatile.; Health & Fitness – My physical goal is to become consistent with exercising and to create toned arms and legs. I’m satisfied with my weight (132 lbs at 5’7″), but not my muscle tone. The demand of work, family and school has been my excuse to not work out, but not anymore!
I’m a recovering product junkie, saved by the Koils by Nature (KBN) products! I was always on the hunt for the perfect conditioner and leave-in conditioner to no avail. During the 2011 World Natural Hair Show in Atlanta, I talked to Pam, the creator of Koils by Nature. She was so sweet and passionate that I felt compelled to give her products a try. The rest is history. You should check her site out, koilsbynature.com. Back to the topic of regimen!
- Clean hair once a week using KBN’s Lavender Foam Cleanser.
- Follow with 30 minutes steam session using KBN’s Shealoe Conditioner (this stuff is the epitome of moisture and slip).
- ACV rinse once every 2 – 3 weeks, as needed.
- Every 2 -3 days, seal my hair with KBN Shealoe Leave-in Conditioner and Nourishing Hair and Body Butter.
- Use protective pin-up or twist styles for a minimum of half of each month.
- Straighten hair no more than twice during the challenge period.
- Continue to take 5 mcg of sublingual biotin daily.
Health & Fitness
- Perform Pilates for 25 minutes for 4 days out of the week (videos and bands).
- Use kettlebells 3 days a week for 25 minutes.
- Embrace the kettlebells mentally and not mistakenly fling one physically.
- Drink half my weight in water (66 oz).
Reward: Hair – The additional length to my fro will be my reward at the end of the challenge, so I will give myself a pat on the back!; Health & Fitness – June: Reward myself with a cute sleeveless shirt to show off my arms.; August – A fitted dress to go out on the town with my hubby!
Documentation: I do not have a site that can be watched or followed. All the photos were taken toward the end of March, so I will be sure to take photos along the way.
Shelli, thanks for the encouragement! I will let you know if the kettlebells end up in my mid-summer yard sale along with the DVDs.