Goals: I’ve only been fully natural for about two weeks. I stopped relaxing almost 2 years ago, but have been wearing weaves, braids, etc., until now. So, I’m EXTREMELY excited to learn what really works for my hair with the motivation of this challenge. I’m maybe a little shorter than armpit length right now. In 6 months, I’d like to be somewhere in between BSL and MBL. My hair is very thick and my curl pattern differs on each area of my head. My main focus is length and I think I should be able to retain, if I am consistent in monitoring the moisture and health of my hair. I’ve noticed that my bang section and side edges are significantly shorter than the rest of my hair, so I’m going to be giving them special attention.
- I plan to wash once a week after finger detangling with Tresemmé Naturals conditioner or coconut oil.
- Deep condition with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque.
- I wash with Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa and condition with the Tresemmé.
- I co-wash as needed with my workout schedule.
- I really like wash-and-go’s (LOVE my curl pattern), but it requires some blow drying to stretch (that shrinkage is no joke!) and I really want to keep that at a minimum.
- So, I’ve been working on some braid-out/twist-out regimens that will not leave my hair frizzy or producty.
- I use Giovanni Direct as a leave-in and seal with aloe vera gel.
- I take down my twists with sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil.
- When I wash and go, I use a tiny bit of Shea Moisture Curling Souffle under some Argan Oil Eco Styler.
Reward: Hair products! I’m a college student, so I’ve really had to put a hold on the shopping lately. But taking really good care of my hair is certainly a reason to treat myself.