Name: Mekale, but most people call me Kale.
At this moment, I am at waist length and my goal is tail bone length. I am just really curious to see how long my hair can grow.
Health & Fitness
Well, I lost 30 lbs already. My husband came home a few days before New Years (he works overseas) and I went back to cooking full meals and not going to the gym. Add in traveling and my new fave addiction, Call of Duty, and you get a 10 lb weight gain. I was okay with that amount and stayed steady at that weight, making sure not to add any extra on. Then came a few health issues that called for steroids as a treatment and I put on another 5 lbs. With that being said, my goal for the next 6 months is to lose 25 lbs. I do plan to lose more, but I feel that is a reasonable goal to set.
- Pre-poo on Friday with coconut oil.
- Sunday, wash with Silk Elements Mixed Silk followed by that brands conditioner, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner or whatever I am experimenting with at the time (I am currently trying out Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner. I am also using it as a leave-in at this moment).
- I detangle while the conditioner is my hair using a wide-tooth comb and Tangle Teezer and then dry using an old t-shirt.
- Next, I apply a leave-in, which is usually the Kimmaytube recipe (I use Silk Elements Mixed Silk Leave-in in my version) or Giovanni Direct Leave-in Weightless Moisture Conditioner. But, I am always trying something out.
- I seal my ends using argan oil and style my hair.
- If I do any type of twist, I usually use Curls Cream Brulee. Sometimes I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and/or the Style Enhancing Milk.
- For bun styles, I use any of the above products and Eco Styler Gel and a satin scarf for a smooth look.
- Throughout out the week, I spritz my hair with water, apply oil to the ends and moisturize as needed until Friday, when I start the process over.
- Once a month, I use ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor followed by Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque and use Silk Elements Mixed Silk Conditioner for the cool/condition/seal method.
- I also do a deep treatment every two weeks using the Proclaim Masque.
Health & Fitness
- At the moment, I work out three times a week.
- I drink a lot of water and no sodas.
- 2 weeks ago I download My Fitness Pal app onto my phone and it helps me keep track of my calories. My current caloric goal is 1460 calories a day, but I come under that on a normal day. I am on a Lean Cuisine kick for my weekday lunches.
Rewards: That’s a tough one. I don’t have any rewards for my hair goals, because it’s not a chore or a task that I dread doing. As for weight, I always try to treat myself to a dinner once a month of anything I want. That way, I don’t feel like I am on a diet, because I am not. I am on a lifestyle change, but I do think being able to buy smaller size clothes is a huge reward.