Name: Candace V
Goals: Hair – My hair is currently APL at the longest layer, when straight and just past chin length in the front/bang area. I would like to be APL when curly one day, but I’d like to attain BSL when straight during this GOC.; Health & Fitness – Le sigh … So, I would like to lose 40 lbs.
I am currently tinkering with the no poo/ co-washing method, so I have used a sulfate free shampoo only maybe twice in the last 4 months (Idk if I love it yet… I am giving it 6 months)
- Dry, finger detangle/pre-poo using coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Deep Condition with Shea Moisture Mask or Ojon Restorative Treatment (I love neither one – I am open to suggestions for a great deep conditioner), or a hot oil treatment with coconut oil and rosemary oil, usually overnight.
- Co-wash with Tresemmé Naturals, Shea Moisture, or Natures Gate Tea Tree (whatever silicone free conditioner is in my shower)
- Condition with Aubrey Organics White Camellia or GPB.
- Kinky Curly Knot Today (KCKT) is my LIC of choice or I use Cantu Shea Butter LIC. Both give me super moisture.
- Seal with coconut oil.
- Spritz my hair with a mixture of distilled water, KCKT and a few drops of rosemary oil.
- Seal with coconut oil.
- Pineapple, braid, or twist.
- Satin bonnet or pillow case depending on how big I want my hair the next day :).
- Henna (I’d like to incorporate indigo because I hate the red!).
- Protein Treatment (egg and olive oil).
Health & Fitness
So far, for the year, I have lost between 10 and 15 lbs (I haven’t weighed myself for April yet). In the past month, I have fallen off though. My eating habits are pretty consistent, but the gym is just not a friend of mine. I am determined to hit the gym 3 times a week come rain or shine!!
- 30-45 minutes of cardio 3x weekly
- Begin weight training!! At least 10 minute focusing on a different area 3x a week.
- The Firm DVD or Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD 2-3x a week (I love these)
- I am currently a Pescatarian and I’d like to keep it up!!
Reward: I am currently registered to run the Rugged Maniac 5k in Brooklyn, NY on June 30th. I am so nervous! It’s crazy, but I want complete that, have fun and, preferably, all without dying afterwards. Basically, if/when I am able to complete that, I may have to splurge on my first pair of Christian Louboutin pumps or maybe I will get my layers refreshed at Devachan.
Follow Me Online: Ok. So. I have an Instagram (lol), CandaceV123. I am so not consistent with FB and Twitter, but I do have all intentions of starting a blog or a Tumblr very soon, so look out for my update.