I am currently in the process of transitioning from heat damage. I cut the damaged ends of of my hair recently. The pictures attached are pre and post-chop.
Goals: My hair is currently shoulder length. My ultimate goal is waist length. But, in 6 months I would like to be at armpit length. Now, I am not sure of my current weight, but I might be ranging from 210-220. My goal in 6 months is to lose 30 pounds. I really believe that I can attain that goal.
- Co-wash weekly with Aussie Moist.
- Deep condition weekly with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque (I would definitely say that is a staple product for me).
- Bi weekly, shampoo with Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo (I have a bottle of Terressentials MW that I am going to try to incorporate in my regimen and perhaps replace the shampoo).
- On my shampoo day, pre-poo with olive oil mixed with rosemary essential oil.
- Nightly, I mist my hair with distilled water and apply Vatika Coconut oil and aloe vera gel (both staples) to my hair.
- Hmmm what else … I also use the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque as a leave-in.
- Every other day I oil my scalp with Jamaican black castor oil (a definite staple).
- I plan on adding scalp massages to my regimen. I hear great things about them.
Reward: I plan on treating myself to Jeffrey Campbell and Betsey Johnson if I do achieve my goals. I heart shoes!!! Lol.
Follow me online?: I definitely want to document my hair journey as I overcome heat damage. So, I do see a blog in the future.
Lastly I would like to say that, when I discovered Hairscapades, I had a hair revelation!! So thanks Shelli, I absolutely adore your blog!