Name: Marcia … and I’m a Product Junkie.
I am so glad you are doing another GOC. Your blog has helped tremendously during my transition.
Currently, my stretched hair is a little past shoulder length. I would like to be armpit length by the end of the challenge. I also have a patch of hair on my right side that is growing out from breakage during transition (another story). I would like to see that grow as well. I would also like to figure out how to “handle” it, because it “behaves” differently than the rest of my hair.
As far as fitness, I want to lose 20 pounds. I want to lose the weight to eliminate some health challenges I am facing. I also want to exercise to gain strength, stamina and overall tone in my body. I would like to run at least two 5K’s during the challenge.
- Currently, I shampoo with Terressentials Left Coast Lemon (trying to decide if I like it). I plan to wash with the mud wash every other week.
- On the other weeks, I will use a mix of amla, brahmi and shikakai powders and just rinse with cool water.
- I deep condition every week (currently using B.A.S.K. Beauty).
- I plan to steam. However, after one use, my steamer broke and I’m waiting for a replacement.
- I dry with a cotton t-shirt and apply a leave in (still trying to narrow down to which one works the best. I am evaluating Karen’s Body Beautiful, B.A.S.K and Belle Butters).
- Add my blend of oils (Jamaican black castor oil, emu oil, Vatika coconut oil and jojoba oil).
- I finger detangle.
- I then proceed to do two strand twists and roll the ends.
- My typical style is a Twist-n-Curl.
- I plan to exercise a minimum of 3 days a week, ideally 4.
Reward: My reward for losing 10 pounds will be to buy a pair of jeans.