I want to start off by saying that I am so excited about this GOC! I think this will be the perfect way for me to get some of my hair and weight goals accomplished!
Name: Gwenda Mayo
Goals: Hair – My hair is currently shoulder length. I just got a trim. I would like to work on coming as close as possible to armpit length as I can during the next six months; Weight – I am currently weighing in at 230 lbs. I want to drop around 30 lbs. during the next six months.
- Every other Sunday I will pre-poo (EVOO and coconut oil) my hair to prepare for my wash day.
- I will be washing my hair every other Monday with a clarifying shampoo (Garnier Fructis Triple Shield).
- After I wash it, I will do a deep treatment (Creme of Nature Argan Oil DC or Elasta QP 11+ DC with EVOO added).
- On Mondays between wash day, I plan on co-washing my hair (Suave Naturals or Organix Conditioner) and then do a quick deep condition using my Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner.
- Every six weeks I will be doing an Aphogee Protein Treatment. I will do one on March 30, 2012 and then go from there.
- Every three months, I will either do a trim on my own or I will have a professional trim my hair.
- I plan on moisturizing (Garnier Fructis Argan Oil Leave In) and sealing my hair (EVOO and raw shea butter/coconut oil), as needed.
- I also plan on re-wetting and detangling my hair as needed.
*I am super willing to take suggestions about this regimen!
I have no idea on what I need to do with my weight. I NEED HELP! I love junk food. I work a sit-down job where the vending machines are plentiful.
Rewards: Hair- I will get my hair professionally straightened at the end of the six month GOC!; Weight- I will buy a new pair of work-out sneakers or a new outfit.
Follow me online: naturallygwenda.blogspot.com/