I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this about myself, but I’m suuuuuuch a procrastinator by nature. So, with that disclaimer, yeah, I have been meaning to do this post since the meet-up in DC on February 18th. And now, this is going to be a pretty short post (for me;) just to give you a quick run down of some of the fun and share even more pictures (find other pics here)!
So, what did we do? Glad you asked!
- About 40 lovely young women convened at the Tap & Parlour on U Street in Washington, DC.
- Everyone got a Sof’nFree Nothing But and Reviyve Blended Naturals Lemongrass soap sample at the door. Thanks to Shonda who volunteered at the last minute to be my helper, Michelle Howard Smith for the donation of the Revive soap!
- We enjoyed fare from the restaurant (my turkey burger and sweet potato fries were delish … I was stuffing my mouth between meeting and greeting! LOL! ).
- We had a “round table” discussion to share a little about our natural hairstories.
- Two Sofn’Free Nothing But goodie bags stuffed with 4 full size products were awarded by raffle.
- A Wonder Curl Sampler Box was awarded by raffle.
- One “Hairscapades’ Favorites” prize was given away playing “How many items do you have in the ‘hair emergency kit’ in your purse?” I pulled out my bobby pins, scrunchies, flexi barrettes, headbands, jaw clips and scissors to see who had the most of these items. Miche’al killed it with nine, if I remember correctly!
- Dr. Phoenyx Austin was our special guest and conducted a Q&A session that was very informative and a complete hit.
- Dr. Phoenyx raffled a copy of her new book, “If You Love It, It Will Grow” and sold many more copies. (If you purchased the book, she’d LOVE it if you posted your review on Amazon.com!)
- Finally, we wrapped up with a Product Swap Meet supplied with donations from under everyone’s sinks!!
It was a seriously good time!! I had so much fun meeting everyone and getting to meet so many of my friends in person:)!! Hopefully, we’ll be doing another one soon in New Jersey!! I just have to find a locale … don’t worry, I have a couple in mind;)!
If you want to see these pictures full size and others from the event, check out the albums on the Facebook Hairscapades page: Meet-Up Part I and Part II! And a special thanks to my photographers, Shonda, Michelle and Chloe (Part I) and Niah (Part II)!!