December is over and we are slowly approaching the finale. As I look back on my journey in 2011, I actually cannot believe my hair transitioned from a TWA to a cute, curly bob.
I’m sold! Natural hair is everything and more than I could have ever imagined. I regret one thing…”why in the heck did I wait so long?” Knowledge is definitely power. I feel more beautiful than I ever did before the lye!
So, let’s recap December 2011. I did a couple of different styles. My puff fell down like waterfalls; my braid-outs were crazy big and long (my favorite style); and my twist where thick and juicy. My regimen didn’t change. I’m still committed to Aubrey Organics (AO) products. I ‘ve seen major changes in my hair since I’ve decided to stick with one product line (aside from Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie). Since Aubrey’s does not have a thick cream-based moisturizer, and my hair strives on cream-based moisturizers, and Shea Moisture is a certified organic product, I decided to use that also. I usually order AO products in bulk and I take the conditioner add some water to thin it out and use it as a leave-in conditioner. The ingredients are essentially the same in most of the conditioners, leave-ins and stylers. So I try to save money doing it that way.
I don’t really feel like I’ve been in a GOC, but it has been refreshing to drool over all of the curly heads wtih different textures than my own. I will continue to do what I need to do to grow a long head of healthy curly hair. Here I come 2012!!
It works for me!
- Shampoo bi-weekly, followed by conditioner rinse.
- Co-wash weekly
- Deep condition weekly
- Spray leave-in conditioner
- Spray extra conditioning spray
- Seal with oil
- Henna once a month
- Shampoo – AO Green Tea Clarifying
- Conditioners – AO Green Tea Rinse, Rose Mosqueta, White Camellia, Blue Chamomile, GPB Ylang Ylang & Lavender, GPB Balancing (pretty much I will use their whole line)
- Deep Conditioner – all the same as mentioned above)
- Spray leave-in conditioner – AO Rose Mosqueta mixed with water
- Moisturizer – Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, AOB-5 Gel, AO Ginseng Moisturizer Jelly Spray
- Extra conditioning spray – AO White Camellia & Jasmine Shine, AO Primrose on the Go
- Oil – Grapeseed
- Henna – Jamilia
I will also be trying Zhara’s hair rinse. Still haven’t tried it but here are some pictures of the herbs.
On January 31, 2012, I will reveal my growth with a blow-out and flat iron. I will treat myself to a new flat-iron and get my hair done professionally! My 1 year natural anniversary is January 16, 2012. My goal was to be APL, the same length I was before the Big Chop. To be continued … !!