Start of GOC (8/1): Hair – 2 1/2 to 1 1/2″ shy of waist length (WL); Weight – 120 lbs w/a little saddle baggage going on.
Current State (11/6): Hair – 1 1/2 to 1/2″ shy of WL; Weight – 120.5 lbs w/same saddle baggage (120.5?? Really? I’m happy y’all. It’s Sunday night and I just got on the scale. I swore it was going to be close to 124. This has me even more inspired to start getting it back in).
Goals: Hair – Waist length (WL) or slightly longer and no heat straightening; Weight – maintain 118-120 lbs instead of yo-yoing every 6 months and tighten/tone thighs (hams/quads/abductors/adductors)
My regimen has remained essentially the same as it was in the Ninth Wave post, but I’m updating it with things that I omitted (purple italics),
crossing out eliminated items/products (eliminated may just mean it’s out of the rotation for now;) and adding new techniques and/or products (purple bold).
- Pre-poo and finger detangle dry hair with Vatika oil or
Dabur Vatika Hair Fall Control Styling Cream(minimum of 30 min.)
- Conduct Search and Destroys (S&Ds) to eliminate split ends and SSKs
- Braid pre-pooed and detangled hair in 6 to 8 sections.
- Shampoo hair in braids with DevaCare
Low orNo Poo most weeks.
and finger detangle furtherwith Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (HE HH)
- Deep condition with heat (bonnet or winter hat) with JessiCurl Weekly DC, Darcy’s Botanical Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Condition or Shea Moisture Raw Shea Deep Treatment Masque** (minimum 1 hr)
- Allow hair to cool (15 min.) and apply diluted daily conditioner (usually Aussie Moist) directly over DC using Cool and Seal technique I described here.
- Rinse with cool/cold water
- Blot with Curls Like Us Curl Cloth
- Allow hair to dry until only slightly damp
- Apply leave-in (modified Kimmaytube recipe or DevaCare One)
- WnG or TnC to stretch hair (products vary)
- Air dry and/or bonnet dryer
twisthair out for 1-2 days
- Protective/low manipulation style for remainder of week (buns, updos, twists, etc.)
Every 4-8 weeks:
- Two step henna/indigo (roots only application)
- Clarify once every 4-6 weeks with a diluted sulfate shampoo.
- Protein treatment (ApHogee 2 Minute Keratin treatment) as needed (see here for reason behind addition)
- I plan on trying the Doris New York Mineral Mud, Leave-In and Olive Oil cream this month.
- I may get a 1/2 inch to an inch trimmed off of my ends … undecided right now and thinking about Chicoro’s Lead Hair Theory.
- As a caveat to the above regimen, I still plan on getting twists towards the end of the month. So, this whole routine will be reduced to washing, conditioning, moisturizing and sealing once they have been installed.
- I may do one more Zyzphus treatment on my ends (I still have 50g left) before I get the twists.
Health & Fitness Regimen:
Supplements (daily after dinner):
- 1 Pre-Natal Multi-Vitamin
(Nature’s Way Alive Energizer for WomenVitafol-One [Rx]* ) 21 Biotin – 20005000 mg (Nature’s Bounty – Super Potency)
- 2 MSM – 2000 mg (Vitamin Shoppe)
- 60 oz or more of water (three 20 oz bottles in a metal thermos)
*I talked to my doctor regarding whether I should begin taking pre-natals as I’m fast approaching 40 and would like to have children. She said it was a really good idea and wrote a script. These things are expensive and a pain to get out of individual “shrink wrap” packaging! I have a 90 day supply. When they are done, I’m going with an OTC brand!
- Breakfast (btwn 7-8 am) – 1/2 Oatmeal or 1/2 cup cooked Grapenuts with 1/2 cup blueberries (Dole frozen/thawed); cup of instant coffee w/2 packs of Truvia, 1 tsp brown sugar, a little powdered skim milk
- Snack (approx. 10 am) – Fage yogurt (fruit variety/2% or 0% fat) or Oikos Greek Fruit on the Bottom
- Lunch (approx 12:30-1) – Lean Cuisine (chicken, turkey or fish with rice or potatoes) w/added vegetables (spinach, broccoli or sugar snap snow peas) and a piece of fruit (apple, navel orange, cherries, banana)
- Snack (approx. 5 pm) – Organic baby food (Ella’s Kitchen or HappyBaby/Tot. And now, there is HappyMorning, which is a smoothie for adults!!! I am sooo ahead of my time!! )
- Dinner (approx 8 pm) – Lean Cuisine (chicken, turkey or fish w/rice, potatoes, whole wheat or orzo pasta) w/added vegetables (spinach, broccoli or sugar snap snow peas); fruit on occasion.
- Post work-out – Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) Shake (Nectar Strawberry Mousse); w/banana if after hot yoga
(This is my basic diet during the work week. But, I deviate at times and believe that moderation is the key to maintaining weight loss.)
Fitness (5-6 days a week):
- Hot Yoga (Vinyasa Flow; 1 hr 15 minutes, generally 2 days a week)
- Kettlebell DVD (1-2 days a week; 50 or 30 minutes)
- Treadmill C25K or interval training (1-2 days a week; 20-40 minutes)
- Brazil Butt Lift DVDs (1-3 days a week after treadmill or w/abbreviated Kettlebell work out; 30 minutes)
- Abs of Steel DVD (3-6 days a week in the a.m./10 minute)
I will not blog until I exercise! I promised that last week, but didn’t follow through as I really wanted to get all of these posts done. But I can’t continue to use the blog as an excuse. So, all of YOU are my motivation!! I might sign up for a 5K, as well. Yeah, that wasn’t working. So, came up with a new plan that I detailed in Fitness Challenge within a Challenge. The rules are as follows: I will post my workout intentions every morning I plan to workout on Facebook (5-6 days a week). I will get off the computer in the morning by 6:45 a.m. to do Abs of Steel. I will put my workout clothes and sneakers on immediately upon coming home after work. I will be in bed by 11 p.m.
And, it is now 10:56 p.m. on Sunday night and time for me to wrap this up!
How are you tweaking your regimen this month?