R o t a u g i a M a t h e w s - P o p e
Current State: Hair – Approx. an inch past collarbone length (CBL)
Goals: Hair – Grow and retain 3″ of healthy hair; Health & Fitness – Maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly
Hair Regimen: I just completed the Terressentials Detox. I am going for a natural/minimalist approach. I may add a leave-in and/or styler back into my regimen. In the past I used Giovanni Leave-In and Shea Moisture Organic Curl and Style Milk.
- Wash with Terressentials Left Coast Lemon Pure Earth Hair Wash
- Condition with DIY Honey and Olive Oil Deep treatment
- Style: Mist n’ Go Pony Puff
- TERRESSENTIALS Left Coast Lemon Pure Earth Hair Wash
- DIY honey and olive oil
- DIY mist: aloe vera gel and water, with essential oils
- shea butter
- Vatika, grapeseed, olive or jojoba oil
- flaxseed gel
Health and Fitness Regimen:
- Maintain a vegetarian diet outside of home
- Eat vegan at home
- Exercise for at least 30 min., 4x a week
Reward: I will allow myself to indulge in retail therapy at Amazon, Sony Reader, iTunes or another establishment of my choice for every 2 weeks that I meet my goals.
Journal: I will continue to maintain a written journal I started a couple of months ago.
T i f f a n y J.
Current State: Hair – Collarbone length (CBL) with a front, middle section that was cut 2″ shorter due to heat damage; Weight – 160 lbs w/BMI of 26.6
Goals: Hair – Bra-strap length (BSL) and increased thickness through growing out section that was cut 2″ shorter than rest of hair; Weight – 120-130 lbs (Lose 30-40 pounds)
Hair Regimen: I plan to add half wigs to my regimen, but I’m still doing my research.
- Co-wash once a week and after my workouts
- Deep condition once a week
- Stretch with flat twists outs
- Wear a protective style 4 days a week
- Moisturize and seal with oil
Every 6 Weeks:
- Henna gloss and indigo every 6 weeks
Weight Loss Regimen: I get bored just being in the gym and need variety to stay on track.
- Exercise at gym 3x a week
- Attend a group class, do a DVD workout or an outdoor activity 3x a week
- 1 day of rest
- Balanced, low-fat/good fat meals
- Avoid fast and junk foods
I know that I’m going to slip-up, especially on date nights. But I’ll make sure that I get back on track instead of making the slip-ups a permanent thing.
Rewards: It’s ironic that I found this challenge, because I just started a challenge with my boyfriend. I told him that if I lose 30lbs by my 24th birthday in December I would get a nose ring. He hates nose rings (not to point that we’d break up if I got one, though). So, it’s a big deal that he agreed. I want a nose ring, but I’m getting a doctorate in physical therapy and I don’t think that it would be too professional in the field. So instead, I may just go on a well deserved shopping spree because I love shopping.
Follow me online: http://ilovebreakfastatiffanys.tumblr.com/ (I may update on my journey, but I can’t make any promises.)
C o r i n n e
Current State: Hair – Just below bra-strap length (BSL) and heat damaged due to Dominican blowouts
Goals: Hair – Improved health by transitioning out heat damage; Weight – Lose 30 pounds in 6 months
- DIY oil pre-poo mix
- Shampoo my hair with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (HE HH)
- DIY leave in-mix
- DIY shea butter mix
Bi-monthly (every 2 months):
- Henna gloss (henna relaxed curls, so I now gloss instead of doing full strength treatments)
Weight Loss & Fitness Regimen:
- P90 Insanity
- Drink more water
Reward: Shopping!! No further explanation needed!!
Follow me online: Facebook album (link TBS)
C o i l y R o b
Current State: Hair – Chin length/CL (front), almost armpit length/APL (back); Weight – 135 lbs
Goals: Hair – Grow and retain 3″; Weight – 120 lbs (Lose 15 lbs)
Hair Regimen: I’ll start by trimming my hair. It will be my first trim in 2 years :(. I will probably end up with approximately 10″ of hair.
- Deep condition
- Wear protective styles the majority of the time
Weight Loss Regimen: My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week until I reach my goal around September 26th. From there, I will continue to modify my eating and will exercise regularly. I hope to maintain my weight through the end of the challenge.
- Exercise 6 – 7x per week
- C25K 3 days/wk
- Kettlebell 2 days/wk
- Zumba or other exercise DVDs 1 – 2 days/wk
- Weight Watcher Points Plus system
- Weigh in with WW every Monday
Reward: When I reach BSL, I will have my hair professionally blow dried and flat-ironed in Manhattan (hair); It would be a huge reward to be able to fit into my clothes again. I also want to treat myself to a pair of skinny, straight leg jeans (weight).
Journal: I will maintain a weekly written journal.
M i c h e l l e aka M i c k e y
Current State: Hair – Between armpit (APL) and bra-strap length (APL)
Goals: Hair – mid-back length (MBL); Health & Fitness – Eat healthier and exercise regularly
- Wash or co-wash with Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo or Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
- Condition and detangle with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (HE HH)
- Deep condition with JessiCurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
- Apply Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In
- Apply Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie or Curl and Style Milk to hair in four sections
- Seal ends with shea butter
- Style: Twist and curl or braid and curl for 2- 3 days
- Bun for rest of week
Health and Fitness Regimen:
- Exercise 2x a week
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Eat healthier
- Take Women’s One-A-Day vitamin daily
Reward: Cute Hair accessories, curlmart purchase!
(I complete Grad School: Dec 2011! EXCITED!)
Follow me online: http://happilynatural.blogspot.com/ (It’s under construction and I’m new to this, but come check it out! :))
Okay ladies, one more wave to go (with 7 contenders)!! How did you do week one?