T i f f a n y N.
Current State: Hair – Chin length (front), Shoulder length/SL (sides), armpit length/APL (back); Weight – 147 lbs
Goals: Hair – Shoulder length/SL (front), armpit length/APL (sides), bra-strap length/BSL (back); Weight – 125 to 128 lbs
Daily: Rinse hair or co-wash with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration or Suave Coconut Conditioner
Weekly: Deep condition
Bi-weekly: Shampoo with Burt’s Bees baby shampoo except when I go swimming.
Styling: Bun a minimum of five times a week, except the week of October 16-23 when I will be on vacation and will bun two times. Use a moisturizer such as Cantu Shea Butter and IC Olive Oil styling gel. Baggy at night three days a week with olive oil or coconut oil and conditioner. Other days, wash and go (WnG) with Kinky Curly products or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (HE HH).
Weight Loss Regimen:
- Strength train twice a week for an hour each time
- Run/walk for 30 minutes to an hour four times a week
- Moderate my portion size by eating from smaller plates
- Increase vegetable intake
- Increase water intake
- Limit fast food to twice a month
Reward: For every five pounds I lose, I treat myself to a massage or a mani/pedi at Bliss Spa. When I reach my goal weight, I will buy a new wardrobe (which I’ll need anyway).
Journal: I will keep track of my progress in a paper journal on a weekly basis.
M i s s L e a h
Current State: Hair – Armpit length/APL (front & sides), between APL and bra-strap length/BSL (back); Weight – 183 lbs
Goals: Hair – retain FOUR inches to achieve full BSL; Weight – 160 t 163 lbs (lose 20 lbs)
Weekly (Friday or Saturday):
- Wash with Aussie Moist shampoo and olive oil (I just bought Mixed Silk, so might change to this depending on how it works.)
- Condition with Aussie Moist conditioner to detangle
- Deep condition overnight with Henna Placenta and raw shea butter on the edges with a plastic cap (overnight)
- Rinse in the morning and “silk” coconut oil through along with tea tree oil.
- Saturate hair with homemade “cream crack solution”: raw shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, t tree oil, honey, and a dollop of Cantu leave-in conditioner (I occasionally use Shea Moisture Deep Condition Masque or Curly Pudding)
- Style: Cornrow/twist hair, put a little Eco Styler on the ends and roll with straws so that ends are curly.
- Wet hair with water and re-oil ends
- Style: Bun or pony tail for the week.
Weight Loss Regimen: I had been doing the following, but have been slacking and consuming more food since I stopped tracking what I ate (due to laziness and my love affair with ice cream).
- Chart food intake with My fitness Planner tracker app on phone (this will give an allotted amount of calories per day)
- Increase water intake
- Increase natural, fresh veggies intake
- Eliminate all meat except fish and chicken
- Continue to consume whole grain foods.
Reward: My milestone reward shall be ICE CREAM, in small portions of course. JK!! I will buy new fabric for my sewing hobby for every 5 lbs lost. If I reach both goals, I will do a photo shoot (I have to get back to my model size first! lol!).
Follow me online: http://adiamondthroughthefire.blogspot.com/
L a k i s h a a k a K i s h K i s h
Current state: Hair – Thirsty; Weight – 264 lbs
Goals: Hair – Quenched; Weight – 214 lbs (I know that inches count more than pounds, but for the sake of the challenge, my goal is to lose 50 lbs.)
- Moisturize as often as needed
- Increase water intake as I know that hydrating my body also hydrates my hair.
- Commit to covering hair with a satin scarf NIGHTLY! This is a trial b/c the scarves tend to give me headaches and I loathe bonnets.
- Shampoo every other Sunday night, if needed
- Deep condition
- Wear more protective styles (twists) as opposed to usual WnGs.
Weight Loss Regimen:
Aug. 1 – Aug. 31:
- Fish/only diet (no other meats for the entire month)
- Hip Hop Abs Workout.
Sept. 1 – Sept. 30:
- Rotate Hip Hop Abs and Walk Away the Pounds
- Healthy diet
Beginning October 1:
- Try Insanity again
Reward: I’m sure that if I reach my goal I will need an entire new wardrobe so that will be my reward. Even if I don’t make the goal of 50 pounds, if I stick to my routine, I will reward myself.
Follow me online: http://naturallykish.wordpress.com/
T i a n n a
Current State: Hair – Between neck length/NL and collarbone length/CBL (sides), shoulder length (back), upper lip (front); Weight – 290 lbs (Soooo not happy =(. But, I will be completely honest and candid for a lie would be one told to myself.)
Goals: Hair – Armpit length (APL); Weight – 225 lbs (Lose 40 lbs by Nov. 1st [I’m going on a cruise!] and a total of 65 lbs by Jan. 31st)
Hair Regimen: My ends were trimmed June 23rd (I keep a calendar). For the past 4 weeks, I have been doing henna, deep conditioning and wearing twists (one of my least favorite styles) weekly. Since I have been back in the gym, I have to wear something that has longevity. I want to take an oath that I will NOT buy any new products without using what I already have at home *pinky swear*!
- Wash (currently using about 5 different shampoos, none of which I’m lost in love with)
- Deep condition
- Apply leave-in conditioner (Kimmaytube leave-in w/aloe vera gel)
- Style: Depends on what events are happening that week; If twisting, Apply mix of essential oils, shea butter(melted) and aloe vera gel.
Bi-weekly (Every 2 weeks):
Weight Loss Regimen:
- Lean meat
- 100% whole wheat
- Only indulge in bad carbs, sweets and vino lightly on the weekend as a dinner or lunch option (like Saturday & Sunday)
- Minimum of 7 hours of exercise weekly
- Weigh in weekly
Reward: Paying closer attention to my hair will not only strengthen it but will also be a way to pamper, discipline myself and create some healthy habits. As far as weight loss, this well decrease the chances of being at risk for diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol, which run in my family. Also, a Huetiful Hair Steamer or maybe a Hairscapades GOC Meet-Up in a fun city (p.s. My birthday is February 2nd, so it’s a “twofer!” lol!).
T W h i t e
Current State: Hair – Armpit length (APL)
Goals: Hair – Bra-strap length (BSL); Weight – Lose 3-5 lbs and maintain weight and healthy lifestyle
Hair Regimen: I am currently transitioning – 13 month post relaxer. I got my end trimmed on 7/28 for the challenge. I am still trying to find those Holy Grail or “go to” products and styles. I am somewhat of a PJ and it’s all YouTube’s fault (you gotta blame someone or something;). However, my husband told me that I could not buy any more products until I use what I have. So with help from him and my 3 boys, every time they run out of conditioner, I give them a bottle from my stash.
- Wash – Giovanni
- Condition – Giovanni, HE Hello Hydration
- Leave-In Conditioner – Kimmaytube Recipe
- Moisturize and seal – shea butter mixture
- Hot oil treatment
Every 6 weeks:
- Protein treatment – Aphogee
- Strengthen/Deep Condition As Needed – Aussie 3 Min
- Ends & Edges – HELTR (Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship)
Fitness Regimen –
- Biggest Loser (Wii) , 5 days a week.
- Alternate Biggest Loser, Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred and Wii Active.
- Maintain a weekly food journal chart to track food/calorie intake: www.theprojectgirl.com/2009/06/26/food-journal-free-download
Spiritual Goal :
- Continue to read/study the Word of God and pray more
- Worry about nothing and pray about everything
Reward: Not sure if you would consider this a reward but depending upon the about of hair growth I gain during this challenge, I would reward myself in cutting off the reminder of the relaxed ends.
Journal: I do not have any links to post at this time, but I do keep a journal.
(p.s. I currently attend monthly Natural Hair Meet-Ups in Charlotte, NC, held the 4th Saturday of each month.)
G r o w B a b y G r o w ! ! !
@TWhite – Jillian Michaels’ workouts are grrrreat! 30 Day Shred is actually my favorite series. Shred it with weights is excellent too! Good luck!
…and I’m with you on the spiritual goal!
Miss Leah, our goals are almost identical! Best of luck to you. Tianna, I LOVE your twists! Best of luck to everyone!
Yeaaaaaa I made it to the big leagues aka Hairscapades!!
@Valencia Yeaaaa! Since we have similar goals we have to be each others accountability partner! Good Luck to you as well!!!
Thanks Valencia!! Good look to you all… I’m so excited & I just can’t hide it!! LOL
GOOD LUCK REID!! I am here for support.
Pingback: LaKisha’s HairStory « hairscapades
Pingback: GOC Updates: Tiffany N. « hairscapades
Pingback: GOC Update: Tianna « hairscapades
Pingback: GOC Update: Miss Leah « hairscapades
Pingback: September Update: Lakisha « hairscapades
Pingback: Big Chop: Rece’s HairStory « hairscapades
Pingback: October GOC Update: TWhite « hairscapades
Pingback: June GOC Update: Miss Leah (#7) « hairscapades