Continued from 25 Random Things About Me (#1-10):
11. One year when I was in high school (maybe junior year?), I watched either Little Shop of Horrors or Just One of the Guys every single day after school. I memorized every single line (and song) and could act out those entire movies, much to the annoyance of anyone who tried to watch them with me.
12. I’m fascinated by time travel. I think it started with Voyagers. Remember that show? Phineas Bogg and Jeffrey? Quantum Leap is also one of my all-time favorite shows.
13. I wore glasses and braces in high school and suffered the ultimate shame. I had to wear head gear at night. Told you I was a nerd.
(I think this was before the braces. My teeth were always pretty straight, just had a significant overbite. Had to wear head gear because I didn’t have any room for my teeth to move. It was either that or pull four teeth.)
14. I don’t have any children, but want at least one.
15. I’m single, but in a long-term relationship. He is my heart=).
16. I’m a teacher’s pet, but not an obnoxious one.
17. I don’t like being wrong. But when I am, I can admit it.
18. I’m very competitive, but hide it to a certain extent. I hate to lose, but can do it gracefully as long as someone doesn’t trash talk me. Then I get mad.
19. I’m slow to anger and quick to forgive.
20. I was only grounded one time in my life. I would skirt my household duties and go into the attic and read romance novels. My mom said, “Don’t let me see you with a book in your hand this week!” Yup. Grounded off of books.
21. I went on my first date and experienced my first kiss at 16 at my sophomore semi-formal. The kiss did not go well. It was French and I was grossed out. I only went on one other date the rest of high school, my senior prom. And that was arranged … at a track meet … by my mom. My friend from church also didn’t have a date and she suggested that we go together. “Good idea!”
22. On many Saturdays, I hang out with my three buddies who are all cartoonist and comic fans. I met them while I attended a Saturday class at a comics and cartooning school. Two are teachers and one was a student. We call ourselves the Sci-Five. Yup, there it is. Although there are only four of us in the Sci-Five, the name was too cool to pass up. So, the fifth is an alternate spot.
(The Sci-Five, minus one. You thought I was kidding, didn’t you?)
23. I was a thumb sucker until the age of 9, hence the overbite requiring braces. My aunt told me that a keloid that I had on my thumb was a worm under the skin and that I would eventually suck it out. I stopped sucking my thumb right then and there.
24. In college, my four best friends and I made up our own sorority, LAVA! LAVA was an acronym of our middle initials except for our one friend, who doesn’t have a middle name, was missing. Her surname begins with “Ex,” so she became the exclamation point at the end. We had a hand signal, call and step dance. *LOL*
25. I grew up with horses (my dad’s love) and was essentially a farm hand until I went away to college.
Did you get more than you bargained for?!?!?! LOL!!! Hope you were at least entertained=)!
What random things would you like people to know about you?