A m y E.
Current State: Bra-strap length (BSL)
Goals: Mid-back length (MBL) and to maintain a healthy, GENTLE (my biggest problem) hair routine.
Regimen: I plan to keep doing this regimen, maybe changing a thing here and there, for the duration of the challenge.
- Pre-poo overnight with EVCO, EVOO
- Section my hair in four
- Wash with either Kinky Kurly Come Clean Shampoo or Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo
- Optional: . ACV rinse
- Condition with JASON 84% Aloe Vera Conditioner or Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
- (try to!) Gently detangle each section with a comb applying olive oil for extra slip if needed
- Apply a leave-in conditioner mix inspired by Kimaytube
Reward: At the end of the week, if I keep up with a healthy regimen, I may just reward myself with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s and an evening filled with reading my favorite hair blogs!
E t o i l e
Current State:My hair is currently cut in layers with the longest part being just past shoulder length (SL).
Goals: Hair – 1. Stick to a regimen, 2. Get my hair to its healthiest state, 3. Grow hair 2″ longer; Fitness – Increase activity level.
- Wash with Doris New York The Reconstructor Shampoo
- Detangle with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (HE HH), Totally Twisted (HE TT) or Aussie Moist
- Deep Condition with Mud Minerals Pack Treatment or Doris New York Extreme Deep Conditioner Treatment (30 min with heat)
- Allow hair to cool for 15 min
- Apply a diluted conditioner directly over DC prior to rinsing
- Apply Doris NY Leave-In Conditioner
- Apply Doris NY Olive Oil Cream
- Seal with an oil mix (oil mix TBD)
- Style: 2 strand twists (wear twists for 3 days, then wear twist out for 3 days) or roller set on large rollers and bun for the week
- Re-moisturize during the week with Kimmaytube leave-in condish mist, as needed
Reward: Spa day to pamper myself from head to toe!
Follow me online: www.curvealicious.blogspot.com
H u r j u r n e e a k a L a N i t a
Current State: Hair – Armpit length (APL)
- Seal ends
- Scalp massage
- Wear scarf or satin bonnet at night (never sleep with hair unprotected)
- Protective style on weekend
- Co-wash, as needed
- Brown sugar scalp scrub (to remove buildup)
- DC with heat
- Henna treatment (overnight)
Weight Loss Regimen:
- Currently doing the Clean program detox (30 days)consists of:
- Two liquid meals (smoothies, juices, and soups)
- A healthy lunch each day
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, lots of protein and nutrients from poultry, fruits, vegetables, and legumes
- Upon completing the detox, I plan to continue making fruit/vegetable smoothies for breakfast and eating “clean” for lunch and dinner
- Increase my activity level by:
- Walking my dog every morning and evening
- Parking further away in the parking garage at work and when shopping
- Doing more physical activities with the kids on the weekend
Reward: Blow out at the salon as I haven’t had any heat on my hair in 2 years! (hair); Each month that I lose at least 8 pounds, I will treat myself to a salon pedicure. Upon reaching my ultimate weight loss goal, I will treat myself to a weekend away with my hubby…or let him to treat me to one =).
T e r y s a
Goals: Hair – Mid-back length; Weight – down 50 lbs by January 31, 2012 (post delivery)
- Massage scalp bi-weekly with coconut oil
- Apply olive oil to my hair the night before weekly washing
- Deep condition once a week (1 egg white, 2 spoons of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin)
- 45 minutes of outdoor physical activity with my daughter daily
- Walk 3-5 miles, 3-4 times a week (start of journey)
- Train for a 5k (mid journey)
- Jump start diet by juicing 10-15 days (every 3 months)
- Portion control
- One fruit and one vegetable juice a day
Follow me online: www.theglamgarage.onsugar.com (I plan to blog about my experiences, but I can’t make any promises.)
L a D o n y a
Current State: Various lengths; middle section of hair is shorter than the front and back.
Goals: Hair – 1. Tame the frizz, 2. Armpit length (APL), 3. Maintain healthy hair for myself and my three girls; Weight – lose 38 pounds.
Hair Regimen: Not sure if I should have it all cut to same length. Any suggestions? Continue to learn my hair and how best to take care of it.
- Co-wash once or twice per week
- Twist hair at night
- Wear twist-outs during the day
- Henna monthly (last week I attempted my first Henna treatment, which went pretty well)
Weight Loss Regimen: I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which is basically a hormonal imbalance which throws everything off kilter. There are several symptoms and I have all them. But, a few of the main ones I’m currently battling are: constant weight gain, acne and insulin resistance. It is an uphill battle for me, but one I’m finally prepared to take on. I’ve just recently started back working out (Zumba and weight training). My doctor says that due to PCOS, it will be very hard for me to lose weight without being on medication for life, as well as intense exercise. So, that’s what I’m trying to do. Wish me luck.
- Continue with Zumba and Weight Lifting
- Attend a Spinning class
- Try to incorporate swimming
- Cut down on carbs
- Water (I cannot stand to drink water by itself unless I’m seriously hot. So, I’m working on getting more down. This is a serious issue for me.)
Rewards: To feel like myself again…you know, not uncomfortable in my clothes anymore. To be able to wear something sexy that doesn’t show the 5000 rolls on my body. I just turned 40 and I need to get my sexy back.
Follow me online: http://lovethyhair.wordpress.com/
So ladies, these are the first 15 participants! It is so much fun reading these and learning about all of you (though it’s a lot of work putting these posts together … phew! *lol*). I have about 15 more submissions to post and I plan on finishing them tomorrow (hopefully!!). Thank you all again for your wonderful entries, beautiful energy and enthusiasm!! I’m really looking forward to our next six months together!!!
But now, I have to go do MY hair!! *LOL*