At the beginning of the challenge, I established a hair growth/health goal to go from BSL to WL by December. However, I also committed to reclaiming my healthy eating and exercise habits, which I’d lost sight of over the prior year and a half. The following is my current hair, body and health regimen.
1. Pre-poo and finger detangle dry hair with Vatika oil or Dabur Vatika Hair Fall Control Styling Cream (30 min to whatever – I’ve left the oil in for two days and rocked buns! LOL!). Finger detangle during or after pre-poo.
2. Shampoo (usually with DevaCare Low or No Poo).
3. Condition and finger detangle further (usually with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration).
4. Deep condition with heat (bonnet or winter hat) for minimum of 1 hour up to overnight (JessiCurl Weekly DC, Darcy’s Botanical Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Condition or Shea Moisture Raw Shea Deep Treatment Masque).
5. Allow hair to cool 15 minutes, then apply diluted daily conditioner (Aussie Moist or whatever I have) directly over DC, then rinse with cool/cold water.
6. Apply leave-in (kimmaytube recipe or DevaCare One).
7. TnC to stretch hair (Wonder Curl Butter Than Love).
8. Allow hair to dry for however long it takes (sometimes under bonnet dryer for an hour to speed air drying time)
8. Wear twist out for 1-2 days, then go into protective/low manipulation style for 5-6 days out of week.
MONTHLY or BI-MONTHLY (as time permits):
2 Step Henna/Indigo Treatment
1 Multi-Vitamin (Nature’s Way Alive Energizer for Women)
1 Biotin – 1000 mg (Nature’s Bounty)
1 MSM – 1000 mg (Vitamin Shoppe)
60 oz or more of water (three 20 oz bottles in a metal thermos)
Breakfast (btwn 7-8 am): 1/2 Oatmeal or 1/2 cup cooked Grapenuts with 1/2 cup blueberries (Dole frozen/thawed); cup of instant coffee w/2 packs of Truvia, 1 tsp brown sugar, a little powdered skim milk
Snack (approx. 10 am): Fage yogurt (fruit variety/2% or 0% fat)
Lunch (approx 12:30-1): Lean Cuisine (chicken turkey or fish with rice or potatoes) w/added vegetables (spinach, broccoli or sugar snap snow peas) and a piece of fruit
Snack (approx. 5 pm): Fruit or, DON’T JUDGE ME, organic baby food =)
Dinner (approx 8 pm): Lean Cuisine (chicken turkey or fish w/rice, potatoes, whole wheat or orzo pasta) w/added vegetables (spinach, broccoli or sugar snap snow peas); fruit (apple, navel orange, cherries, banana) on occasion.
Post work-out: Whey Protein Shake (Nectar Strawberry Mousse currently); w/banana if after hot yoga
[This is my basic diet during the work week. But, I deviate at times and believe that moderation is key to maintaining weight loss. So, I’ll have a piece of cake … I am a buttercream fiend … onion rings, popcorn, Weight Watchers 2 point Chocolate/Raspberry Ice Cream Bar, etc. depending on what is going on in my life=). I started this personal challenge at the beginning of January weighing 145 pounds. I currently weigh 122 pounds (23 pounds lost) and want to lose 2 more by the end of the GOC (July 31st).]
EXERCISE (5-6 days a week):
Hot Yoga (Vinyasa Flow; 1 hr 15 minutes, generally 2 days a week)
Kettlebell DVD (1-2 days a week; 50 or 30 minutes)
Treadmill C25K training (2-3 days a week; 30-40 minutes)
Brazil Butt Lift DVDs (0-2 days a week after treadmill work out; 30 minutes)
Abs of Steel DVD (3-6 days a week in the a.m./10 minute)